Stanford Sierra Conference Center
The serene, spectacular natural setting of Fallen Leaf Lake makes Stanford Sierra Conference Center a favorite all-inclusive California conference center resort and retreat location for educational, scientific, social and corporate groups.
Nestled throughout the pines and cedars along the shoreline of Fallen Leaf Lake, a few miles from South Lake Tahoe, are clusters of 2 and 3 bedroom cabins furnished in the rustic style of an alpine resort. Each cabin is equipped with shared bathroom facilities. All rooms have decks with magnificent views of Fallen Leaf Lake and the surrounding Sierra peaks.
The physical isolation of the location and the absence of distractions, such as in-room phones and television sets, encourage extensive interaction among the Workshop attendees.
Lodging can only be provided to registered attendees of IIRW. In accordance with housing rules, no unregistered guests of the attendees are allowed.
The Stanford Sierra Conference Center is located at the far end of Fallen Leaf Lake, several miles from South Lake Tahoe. The nearest major airport is the Reno International Airport.
- Flight arrangements into Reno can be made through The IEEE World Travel.
- The IEEE Car Rental Discount Program is available worldwide to members and employees of the IEEE.
- From San Francisco: Travel time is approximately 4 hours
- From Reno: Travel time is approximately 2 hours
- From Southern California: Travel time is 8.5+ hours
- From San Francisco Airport: This shuttle is organized by IIRW. If you are planning to use this option, then you need to make reservation. Please see the Registration page for more information about the shuttle.
- From Reno-Tahoe International Airport:
- From the airport to Lakeside Inn & Casino, take the South Tahoe Airporter. Visit the South Tahoe Airporter for schedule and to purchase tickets. The fare is $32.75 per person one way and $59.00 round trip.
- From Lakeside Inn & Casino to Stanford Sierra, you will need to make advance arrangements for Stanford Sierra pickup. If you are planning to use Stanford Sierra pickup service, please notify Stanford Sierra Conference Center (shuttle info & request form) at least one week prior to your arrival date.
If you find yourself stranded, please call the Stanford Sierra Conference Center at 530-541-1244. The IIRW Arrangements Committee may be able to provide emergency service to and from the Lakeside Inn & Casino.